Mcfall's/Mcfaul's of Newtonlimavady Co Londonderry

For anybody that is searching for their McF link

Moderators: irishgen, larneman

fionag

Mcfall's/Mcfaul's of Newtonlimavady Co Londonderry

Post by fionag » 21 Nov 2006, 16:48

I'm absolutely thrilled to bits to find some information on this forum about my ancestors.

My g grandparent's were Annie Matilda McFaul 16/8/1870 and James Gardiner 1864, married 1892 in Glasgow. Annies parent's were James Mcfaul and Mary Houston and Mary along with Annie and siblings James, Robert and Israel and father Robert Houston first appeared in Glasgow on the 1891 census.

I have found the marriage of James and Mary in this forum 20/9/1853 which has given me the name of his father, Samuel and also a couple of the children's birth's. They seem to be Mcfall in Ireland and Mcfaul in Scotland. James Gardiner also came from Ireland his parents were Mark Gardiner and Mary Ann Wilson who later married William Freeland in Seagoe Armagh 1n 1872.

I would really appreciate any further advice/information anyone can give, it's very difficult trying to trace your irish ancestors online.

Cheers
Fiona

ollydot

Gardiner Armagh/Down

Post by ollydot » 08 Jan 2007, 12:56

I'm researching my family, Gardiners from the Magheralin area of Co Down which is just next to Seagoe parish. Maybe some connection, will look further and let you know.

Return to “McFall-McFaul”