McFall-McFaul of Co. Antrim linked with Rathlin

For anybody that is searching for their McF link

Moderators: irishgen, larneman

Anonymous

McFall-McFaul of Co. Antrim linked with Rathlin

Post by Anonymous » 10 Dec 2003, 19:19

Subject:(McFall-McFaul of Co. Antrim)
Date:Wed, 10 Dec 2003 14:02:26 -0000

I've just updated the Rathlin site with loads of new information, I'm sure you'll find a few more McFauls. Also found a Rathlin Alexander McFaul born 1792 son of William. Alexander married a Mary McCurdy abt 1832 and the family moved to Port Glasgow where they became McPhails.

FIRST GENERATION

1. William McFaul was born before 1774 in Rathlin Island, Antrim, Ireland.

He was married to Unknown Unknown before 1795 in Rathlin Island, Antrim, Ireland. Unknown Unknown was born before 1775 in Rathlin Island, Antrim, Ireland. William McFaul and Unknown Unknown had the following children:

+2 i. Alexander McFaul.

SECOND GENERATION

2. Alexander McFaul was born about 1796 in Rathlin Island, Antrim, Ireland. He died on 30 Jan 1885 in Port Glasgow, Renfrew, Scotland.

He was married to Mary McCurdy (daughter of Daniel McCurdy and Mary Unknown) before 1832 in Rathlin Island, Antrim, Ireland. Mary McCurdy was born about 1800 in Rathlin Island, Antrim, Ireland. She died on 2 Dec 1869 in Port Glasgow, Renfrew, Scotland. Alexander McFaul and Mary McCurdy had the following children:

+3 i. Elizabeth McFaul.
4 ii. Daniel McFaul was born about 1838 in Rathlin Island, Antrim, Ireland.
5 iii. William McFaul was born about 1838 in Rathlin Island, Antrim, Ireland. He died on 23 Oct 1899 in Greenock, Renfrewshire, Scotland.
+6 iv. Margaret (Maggie) McFaul.
+7 v. Mary McFaul.

THIRD GENERATION

3. Elizabeth McFaul was born about 1833 in Rathlin Island, Antrim, Ireland.

She was married to Michael Black (son of Angus Black and Esther Horan) on 11 Aug 1857 in Port Glasgow, Renfrew, Scotland. Michael Black was born about 1831 in Greenock, Renfrewshire, Scotland. Elizabeth McFaul and Michael Black had the following children:

8 i. Mary Ann Black was born on 20 May 1859 in Port Glasgow, Renfrew, Scotland.
9 ii. Elizabeth Black was born on 28 Feb 1862 in Port Glasgow, Renfrew, Scotland.

6. Margaret (Maggie) McFaul was born about 1843 in Rathlin Island, Antrim, Ireland.

She was married to Daniel McCormick (son of Daniel McCormick and Jane Kenney) on 11 Sep 1867 in Port Glasgow, Renfrew, Scotland. Daniel McCormick was born about 1838 in Suspect Rathlin. Margaret (Maggie) McFaul and Daniel McCormick had the following children:

10 i. Jane McCormick was born on 21 Sep 1869 in Port Glasgow, Renfrew, Scotland.
11 ii. Alexander McCormick was born on 9 Aug 1871 in Port Glasgow, Renfrew, Scotland.
12 iii. Mary Frances McCormick was born on 28 Dec 1872 in Port Glasgow, Renfrew, Scotland. She died before 1877 in Port Glasgow, Renfrew, Scotland.
13 iv. Daniel McCormick was born about 1875 in Port Glasgow, Renfrew, Scotland.
14 v. Mary Frances McCormick was born about 1877 in Port Glasgow, Renfrew, Scotland.
15 vi. John H. McCormick was born about 1879 in Port Glasgow, Renfrew, Scotland.
16 vii. Margaret McCormick was born in Nov 1880 in Port Glasgow, Renfrew, Scotland.

7. Mary McFaul was born about 1848 in Port Glasgow, Renfrew, Scotland.

She was married to Francis Mullan on 20 Feb 1884 in Port Glasgow, Renfrew, Scotland. Francis Mullan was born about 1847 in Ireland.

visit http://irishgenealogy.net/forum

mbl
Oak Twig
Anti-Pasta & Spam: No
Anti-Pasta & Spam 1: green
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 3

Re: McFall-McFaul of Co. Antrim linked with Rathlin

Post by mbl » 11 Jul 2010, 17:44

Thank you so much for the information regarding Alexander McPhail or McFaul and Mary McCurdy of Rathlin Island. I would never have known that they were from Ireland without your post on the internet as their name was listed as McPhail in Port Glasgow and I searched unsuccessfully for their births in Scotland. My great grandfather was Mathew Mullen born 1856 in ? Ireland and he married Mary Ann Black born20 May 1859, the daughter of Michael Black and Elizabeth McPhail. Mary McPhail or McFaul married Mathew Mullen's older brother Frances Mullen on the 20 th February 1884 in Port Glasgow. I would appreciate any further information regarding the family and what they did on Rathlin Island and where they lived as I should like to go and visit. Also I wondered where I would be able to get the birth and marriage death records for the families? Thanks again to however has been doing all this work it is greatly appreciated. MBL

ferr1man
Oak Twig

Post by ferr1man » 29 May 2011, 13:14

Hi, I'm helping a colleague who is not familiar with genealogy websites, etc. The person is also a great grand-child of Matthew Mullen. In my searching, I have also come across lots of related non-family information. Mainly access to maps and photographs which give a good idea of life in Port Glasgow area not so long after Matthew Mullen lived there.

irishgen
Site Admin

Post by irishgen » 29 May 2011, 15:59

This is an interesting for those interested in Rathlin Island.

Visit http://www.rathlin-island.info/

benjimcfaul
Oak Twig

Post by benjimcfaul » 01 Oct 2011, 22:34

hI my name is benji mcfaul fisher man from rathlin island son of james mc faul born 1949/son of james mc faul born1919/son of daniel mcfaul1800s/son of nale dan mc faul born1800s who was son of dainel mc faul born early1800 late1700s.this is as far back as i can trace my direct famly line i would be very intrested to find out when the the first mc fauls(mc phails) Arrived on rathlin and where the came from and why and under what circamanstances. As far as i am awair all the rathlin island cencuis records were burned in a fire in dublin during the nineteen sixteen easter riseing. so all we have is word of mouth unless any scottish records have any info. thanks for takeing time to read this if you know or came across any thing regarding this please contact me its sort off a hoby which i feel i have a duty to. :idea:

regards benjimcfaul
benjimcfaul@live.ie

Elwyn
Trunk

Post by Elwyn » 02 Oct 2011, 21:13

Benji,

You are correct that all the early censuses have been destroyed, save for some fragments. 1901 is the earliest complete census. This looks like your ancestor Daniel and family in the 1901 & 1911 censuses:

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/p ... er/922054/

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/p ... th/113363/

Return to “McFall-McFaul”