wilson and elders from N. Ireland

For anybody that is willing to share the information on Birth records obtained from offical sources as LDS. PRONI or church. If need be I will start separate area forums

Moderator: irishgen

Anonymous

wilson and elders from N. Ireland

Post by Anonymous » 06 Nov 2003, 18:34

I am looking for any information on Wilsons living in Gortarhar Rasharkin
County Antrim, Also looking for information on any Elders from the same area.
My grandfather Samuel G Wilson was born in Gortarhar Rasharkin to Jane Elder ( married name ) Father Unknown
Also looking for Mary Elder who married an Elder From Glasgow Scotland
her sons name was Tom Elder and he married a gal named Jeanie ( last name unknown)
They had children named Desmond , William,Isabelle, Mary and Sally all last names at birth were Elders and living in Gortarhar Rasharkin C. Antrim. Any information would be greatly appreciated

Janice M
Oak Twig
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 5

Post by Janice M » 05 Oct 2005, 03:50

I am hoping that you are still checking in with this site.

It looks as though there could possibly be a relation to your Elder Family with mine.

My family, from what we can gather was also from the Rasharkin area of Antrim.

[b]John Elder of Gortaheran [/b]

7 April 1842 Marriage of John Elder of Gortrechy to Peggy Stuart of Killycoogan, witnesses James ray and James Stuart.

[b]Daughter of John Elder and Margaret (Peggy) Stuart/Stewart[/b]
19 July 1882 at Portglenone 1st Presbyterian Church
Henry Smith, full age, bachelor, labourer, residence Glasgow, father > Robert Smith, farmer
[b]Annie Elder[/b], full age, spinster, residence Gortaheran, father John Elder, > farmer
Witnesses - William Stirling and [b]Martha Elder[/b]

[b]Other Children: (In Glasgow)[/b]
John Elder & Margaret McAllister
Robert Elder & Susan Best
Isaac Elder & Margaret McIntosh also Jane Russell
Joseph Elder & Margaret Fyfe
Thomas Elder & Mary Johnston

[b]Death:[/b]
John Elder aged 80 yrs died on the 1st April 1898 at Craigs informant was Ann Smyth daughter.

Margret Elder aged 71 yrs died on the 29th May 1904 at Craigs, labourers widow, informant was Henry Smith son in law.

If you have any other information with regards to these Elder's or any other Elder's from this area, I would appreciate hearing from you, as we have hit a block when it comes to this side of the family.

Hoping to hear from you.

Janice Marks

Return to “Irish Birth Records”