WHITESIDE

For anybody that is willing to share the information on Birth records obtained from offical sources as LDS. PRONI or church. If need be I will start separate area forums

Moderator: irishgen

KerryAnn
Oak Twig
Anti-Pasta & Spam: No
Anti-Pasta & Spam 1: green
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 3

WHITESIDE

Post by KerryAnn » 23 Nov 2010, 23:38

Looking for Birth and parents details for Samuel James Whiteside born 16 May 1838 in Ballymena and Christened at West Church on 16 May 1838. Mother written as Leech and Father is Samuel Whiteside. Later information gives the mothers name as Eliza or Eizabeth Leech/Leitch born abt 1799. Samuel James' father was also born abt 1799.

They migrated to Greenock, Scotland where Samuel snr died in 1865.

Samuel James migrated to New Zealand. He was my Great Grandfather.

Other children of Samuel and Eliza/Elizabeth Leech/Leitch appear to be:
Mary Whiteside born 1832 in Ballymena
Elizabeth born 1839 in Ballymena
Ann born 1843 in Co Antrim

If digging is correct, Mary Whiteside married John May, Elizabeth Whiteside married Samuel Sloan and Ann Whiteside married John Hynds.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

rcruiksh
Oak Twig
Anti-Pasta & Spam: No
Anti-Pasta & Spam 1: green
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 3

Re: WHITESIDE

Post by rcruiksh » 20 Mar 2013, 22:33

My paternal grandmother, Agnes Whiteside, was born in Ballymena-Randalstown vicinity in the 1870s, possibly 1879. She never would reveal her birth year. She had over five siblings and was related to the Moores as a cousin, including the painter, Gladys Moore Mccabe. She married Andrew Cruikshanks in 1900 and they emigrated to California via Elllis Island, N.Y., on the Lusitania in 1911. This is the first ever possible connection I have been able to find. R.C.

Return to “Irish Birth Records”