Menagh-Mahon marriage

For anybody that is willing to share the information on Marriage records obtained from offical sources as LDS, PRONI or church. If need be I will start separate area forums

Moderator: irishgen

winnie
Oak Twig
Anti-Pasta & Spam: No
Anti-Pasta & Spam 1: green
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 3

Menagh-Mahon marriage

Post by winnie » 16 Aug 2010, 14:27

I am interested in the Menagh-Mahon line. I copied this information from LDS micro, film # 0101328, marriage vol 7, 1851. However, it was the last on the page and not very clear. Any additional information would be helpful. Also, corrections in the spelling of locations. Thanks.

Date-Nov 12, 1851
Lurgan, parish of Shankhill in the county of Armagh
Hugh Menagh, age 22, Bachelor, Weaver, residence @ time of marriage-Korkiairey, father-George Menagh, farmer
Ann Mahon, age 20, spinster, no occupation, residence @ time of marriage-Mannington, father-Henry Mahon, weaver
Married in the Presbyterian church, witnesses William Turtle and Ambrose Mahon

Elwyn
Trunk
Anti-Pasta & Spam: No
Anti-Pasta & Spam 1: green
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 3

Re: Menagh-Mahon marriage

Post by Elwyn » 07 Nov 2010, 16:31

Difficult to say for certain what the correct spelling of Korkiairey is. I have attached a list of all the townlands in Armagh and you can judge for yourself. Corcreevy perhaps?

http://www.ulsterancestry.com/ua-free_T ... rmagh.html

There are 2 Presbyterian churches in Lurgan. Lurgan 1st and Hill St. Lurgan 1stÔÇÖs baptism and marriage records start in 1746. Hill St starts in 1861. LetÔÇÖs hope your ancestors used the 1st church.

http://irelandgenealogyprojects.rootswe ... brecs.html

You may be able to trace the families back via the church records.
Copies of the records are at PRONI under ref MIC1P/71. PRONI is closed till April but there are arrangements to view these records at Cregagh Library, Belfast.

Return to “Marriage Records”