Recent lookups

For anybody that is looking for or obtain Historical or Genealogy Items like Books, Maps,CD's, lookup's, copies of records, etc. If need be I will start separate area forums

Moderators: irishgen, larneman

hevside
Oak Twig
Anti-Pasta & Spam: No
Anti-Pasta & Spam 1: green
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 3

Recent lookups

Post by hevside » 12 Aug 2011, 17:01

Hello

I am in England but researching my partner's ancestry, these being the McCausland and Carroll families from Belfast. I have found the older records to be very good but having a problem with those more recent. I know that many records were destroyed from 1920ish. Can anyone tell me whether these later records/indexes can be searching if I were to fly over to visit PRO or GRO or are they totally missing. If not is there any way of searching for events that happened after 1920? Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks. Heather

Elwyn
Trunk
Anti-Pasta & Spam: No
Anti-Pasta & Spam 1: green
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 3

Re: Recent lookups

Post by Elwyn » 13 Aug 2011, 20:30

BDM events in Northern Ireland from1.1.1922 onwards are not on-line. (Emerald Ancestors has a few post 1922 but itÔÇÖs not comprehensive and seems to fizzle out by 1930). Your simplest option is probably to go to GRONI Belfast and search the indexes (there is a fee. See their website) though I believe LDS may have also a copy, in which case you should be able to order them in to your nearest LDS library.

Return to “Wanted -Lookup or Historical or Genealogy Information”