Allen Thompson

For anybody that is looking for or obtain Historical or Genealogy Items like Books, Maps,CD's, lookup's, copies of records, etc. If need be I will start separate area forums

Moderators: irishgen, larneman

lindarhead
Oak Twig
Anti-Pasta & Spam: No
Anti-Pasta & Spam 1: green
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 3

Allen Thompson

Post by lindarhead » 01 May 2012, 19:44

Hello everyone,

I am looking for information on Allen Thompson who was born circa 1814 according to detail on the 1901 census,and died in 1904. His address on the 1901 census is 50 Ballyutogue,Ballysillan,Co.Antrim. It is thought his wife was a Jane Carruthers and they had at least 7 children found so far. I have found a baptism for an Allen Thompson in Co.Antrim on the rootsireland site but it's for 1820,parents William Thompson and Anne Miller. It is thought also that he has some connection with a Henry Thompson who was born circa 1822 in Killead,Co. Antrim. Henry was in the army for 25 years and 4 days from Dec 1840-Jan 1866 and served in the Crimea and the Maori Wars.His medals were passed down to a direct descendant of Allen Thompson which is why a connection between the two men has been presumed. I have Henry's service/discharge papers which does state that he was born in Killead. Can anyone help to tie these two men together?

Linda

Return to “Wanted -Lookup or Historical or Genealogy Information”