McAuley-Kelly Ahoghill

For anybody that is looking for or obtain Historical or Genealogy Items like Books, Maps,CD's, lookup's, copies of records, etc. If need be I will start separate area forums

Moderators: irishgen, larneman

cjmcerlean
Oak Twig
Anti-Pasta & Spam: No
Anti-Pasta & Spam 1: green
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 3

McAuley-Kelly Ahoghill

Post by cjmcerlean » 07 Feb 2013, 20:58

Hello!

My gggf Patrick McCauley m Rose Kelly 1888 in St Pat's RC church Belfast.
Marriage cert shows husband's mother Jane McCauley, father Felix McCauley; wife's mother Ann Kelly, father Patrick Kelly; witnesses Peter Lynch and Hannah Burns
Census lists their birthplace as Ahoghill.

cannot locate patrick mcauley (1857 or 58 according to censuses) born to felix, though there is a felix mcauley m to (mary) jane shiels who had four children that i can find, the first in ballymena poorhouse and the remainder in ahoghill: felix 1863, rose 1868, daniel 1870, and sarah 1874.
witnesses to bapts: David McAulay, Margaret McAuley, William McAuley, Martha McAuley, and Ellen McNally; and Daniel McAuley (patrick's dau Rose's bapt).

does anyone have info on this line?
is felix a nickname?
have seen another felix mcauley in glenravel - any relation?
any info on kellys from ahoghill? rose b 1860 (1901 census) or 1852 (1911 census)? father patrick or mother ann?

thanks for checking!
cjm

Elwyn
Trunk
Anti-Pasta & Spam: No
Anti-Pasta & Spam 1: green
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 3

Re: McAuley-Kelly Ahoghill

Post by Elwyn » 08 Feb 2013, 14:12

Felix is not a nickname. There are 2047 people named Felix in the 1901 Irish census. So itÔÇÖs a formal name, just not very common.

With searching for births, bear in mind that statutory recording of births only started on 1.1.1864. For births prior to that you will need to search parish baptism records, most of which are not on-line. For births in Ahoghill or Ballymena, you would need to search the relevant records in PRONI, Belfast. Ahoghill RC records start in 1833; Ballymena (parish of Kirkinriola) start in 1848.

Return to “Wanted -Lookup or Historical or Genealogy Information”