Recycle Your Research Materials - Help Others

For anybody that is offering Historical or Genealogy Items like Books, Maps, CD's lookup's, copies of records for sale or ?? . If need be I will start separate area forums

Moderator: irishgen

irishgen
Site Admin
Anti-Pasta & Spam: No
Anti-Pasta & Spam 1: green
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 3

Recycle Your Research Materials - Help Others

Post by irishgen » 14 Sep 2006, 17:06

Recycle Your Research Materials
Running out of space in your bookshelves and home office?
Unused research volumes that others might find useful?
Irish Genealogy on the Net wants to help researchers recycle research materials, to trade for new research or just give away.

Any books, photocopies, maps, CDroms or Dvd's that you might want to sell or exchange.

Can you do lookups on a Cdrom or a DVD or in a book or your research or local FHC or LDS center or library for FREE or for a small FEE.

Post what you have to offer in this section.
This service is free.

Kate
Oak Twig

Post by Kate » 07 Oct 2006, 08:26

As you seem to be into old books - have you heard of several Tomes -Of - Pattersons Ayr. They seem to hava a lot of genealolgy included about the middle classes of Ayrshire. A little like BLI perhaps. I have only seen them refered to but have not seen the book. Most research in this part of costal Antrim has perhaps more Scottish connection rather than 'Irish'. Any help especially contact details would be appreciated, Thanks in anticipation.
Kate

irishgen
Site Admin
Anti-Pasta & Spam: No
Anti-Pasta & Spam 1: green
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 3

History of the Counties of Ayr & Wigton- Kyle - Carrick

Post by irishgen » 07 Oct 2006, 15:53

If you are referring to book mentioned below it is a bit out of my price class but it seems to be 5 books in all. Sorry but all my old books have to with Co. Antrim, Ireland or/and WW1. I always use http://www.abebooks.com when searching for my old books but my limit is around $100 a time. If you have another query or request feel free to post it.

greetings

Liam

History of the Counties of Ayr & Wigton Vol I Kyle Vol II Carrick Vol III Cuninghame Parts 1 & 2 in 4 Volumes
PATERSON James
Bookseller: Brian Annesley Scottish Books
(HELENSBURGH, STD, United Kingdom)

Price: US$ 830.14

Shipping within United Kingdom:US$ 6.29
Book Description: Edinburgh: James Stillie, 1863, 1863.
Hardcover. 1\2 Leather. Very Good. First Edition. 8vo - over 7" - 9" tall. illustrated woodcuts,facsimile charter,appendix,index,ccxviii 778 addenda 18 index ; xiv 482 index ; vi 612 index pp.,ads 12 pp.,original green morocco,raised bands, vo1 1 1\2" split top rhs of spine 1\2" split lhs small pull,spines faded to neutral. Bookseller Inventory # 7089
Last edited by irishgen on 07 Oct 2006, 21:36, edited 2 times in total.

Kate
Oak Twig

Pattersons Ayr

Post by Kate » 07 Oct 2006, 21:04

Thanks for your help. You are the 1st person who knows what I am talking about!!
Kate

Return to “OFFERED-Historical or Genealogy(updated 17-09-06)”