Trying to McHenry family in Ballycastle

For anybody that is researching a certain FAMILY or surname that can be found any where in Ireland.

Moderators: admi, larneman

CemeteryGirl
Oak Twig
Anti-Pasta & Spam: No
Anti-Pasta & Spam 1: green
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 3

Trying to McHenry family in Ballycastle

Post by CemeteryGirl »

I am looking for John McHenry born circa 1789 Ballycastle, Antrim, County Down, Ireland. Sir John Jamison was also from the same town as John McHenry. John McHenry left Ireland for Australia 1819 and became a Magistrate in the Penrith area at the base of the Blue Mountains in Sydney. He died in 1832 aged only 43 years and is buried in the cemetery in Penrith. John McHenry married Sarah Fulton daughter of Rev Henry Fulton of Penrith in 1821.
My research is about John as he was a squatter in our village Murringo (Marengo) in 1829, this is very important as it was what was called the outer limits and the Government had said that no-one was allowed to go into those parts of the country. John McHenry did not reside there he sent his convicts to work the land which was something like 100,000 acres.
As the bicentenary for Murringo will be in 29 years I would like to find more information on John McHenry and his family so if anyone can help please contact me.

Return to “ALL IRELAND FAMILY SURNAMES”