Egan Harman from Dublin; Mcveigh, Hatherton from Armagh 1800

For anybody that is researching a certain FAMILY or surname that can be found any where in Ireland.

Moderators: irishgen, larneman

Rap
Oak Twig
Anti-Pasta & Spam: No
Anti-Pasta & Spam 1: green
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 3

Egan Harman from Dublin; Mcveigh, Hatherton from Armagh 1800

Post by Rap » 19 Oct 2013, 05:32

Looking for any family members of my great, great grandparents, James Egan bc1826 Dublin, son of James Egan (occ=bootmaker) and Mary nee Harman of Dublin, and his wife Sarah McVeigh bc 1830 Armagh, daughter of Patrick McVeigh and Mary Ann nee He/atherton. James Egan Jnr was a 14 year old boy from Dublin when he was tried, then later was transported to Port Arthur, Tasmania, arriving in 1846. On release, James married a girl from Armagh named Sarah McVeigh who had arrived in Melbourne, Victoria Australia in 1852 to work as a maid on a sheep station in Victoria. I cannot find the baptism of our James Jnr, but from his convict records, he had two siblings, Thomas Egan (I have been able to find his baptism at St Catherine's, Dublin, in 1830 naming correct parents), and their sister, Mary Ann Egan bc1832. Knowing that people didn't travel far from home in the early 1800's, a few 'hints' that I can find as to family grouping is a Patrick McVeigh from the Parish of Creggan...3 townlands of Darsey, Tullyard and Tullydonnell. Hathertons in Killashandra Co Carman, and a William Harman at Balrothery....there's a James Egan at Garristown or St James which is near Balrothery. Any information would be very welcome and appreciated. Thankyou!
Rap, Melbourne, Australia

Return to “ALL IRELAND FAMILY SURNAMES”