Garrett surname - Coalminers

For anybody that is researching a certain FAMILY or surname that can be found any where in Ireland.

Moderators: irishgen, larneman

Anonymous

Garrett surname - Coalminers

Post by Anonymous » 18 Feb 2005, 02:14

I am looking for my 3gg father. I have a record of his family in two Scottish censuses. James was born in IRELAND to James Garrett (born 1785, Ireland)) and Mary Guy (born 1785, Ireland) about 1809-1811. Tis line of Garretts were coalminers. Looks like most coalmines in Ireland are in Northern Ireland. James had an older brother, Andrew (born 1805, Ireland) but went to Scotland too.

dgarrett
Oak Twig
Anti-Pasta & Spam: No
Anti-Pasta & Spam 1: green
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 3

Re: Garrett surname - Coalminers

Post by dgarrett » 12 Apr 2015, 19:55

This is the very branch of the Garrett family tree I am from. I have just started looking when I was passed on a family chart after my fathers death. From the date of your entry, I would suggest that you likely have all the information I have and in fact may be the person who put together this chart. It shows my 4g grandfather James and 4g grandmother Mary Guy born 1786 and their son or my 3g grandfather James Garrett b 1811 Ireland, d 1874 Galston Scotland, and 3g grandmother Janet Dunlop b 1819 in Irvine Scotland. I only have information on this branch of the tree. I have no information on any brothers or sisters of James. I would be interested in exchanging any info. David Garrett

irishgen
Site Admin
Anti-Pasta & Spam: No
Anti-Pasta & Spam 1: green
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 3

Re: Garrett surname - Coalminers

Post by irishgen » 12 Apr 2015, 22:22

When you see the name "Anonymous" it means that the poster nolonger has a working email address.

I check every 18 months or so by sending an email to all registered users and those that "bounce" are removed but their posting remains on the database.

Return to “ALL IRELAND FAMILY SURNAMES”