Carroll, Jeremiah

For anybody that is LOOKING for information on a certain Person, who can come from anywhere in Ireland.

Moderators: irishgen, larneman

Anonymous

Carroll, Jeremiah

Post by Anonymous » 13 May 2005, 01:44

Jeremiah Carroll, possibly from Cork. Left Ireland in 1859. Married Harriett Lysaught in 1861. She was from Cork also. Any info greatly appreciated. Katee

Christopher

Re: Carroll, Jeremiah

Post by Christopher » 14 Dec 2008, 18:24

Hello Katee,

I looked at Griffith's Valuation which is now on the All of Ireland board on the Ireland (32 Counties) section of this site. There's no listing for Lysaught but Lysaght is listed in several parishes in Cork.

Christopher

kateec2
Oak Twig

Re: Carroll, Jeremiah

Post by kateec2 » 12 Jan 2009, 20:54

Hello Christopher. I'm sorry I was so long in getting back to you. I was travelling over the holiday.

I believe that is the same family as I checked out Harriet's signature on another document I had and she has spelled it the way. Also, the death notice from my gr-grandfather listed it spelled that way.

Can you give me any family members names? I am trying to track when they came to the US.

Did you find any listing for Jeremiah Carroll? I know nothing about him either. I believe he was also from Cork but have no idea. I found a marriage notice stating that Jeremiah and Harriet, from the county of Cork, but don't know if it refers to both or just Harriet. Since my grandfather's name was Charles, there was a John and another Jeremiah. I've heard that in Irish families, children were usually named after grandfather's.

Thank you so much. It's been very perplexing trying to trace the Carroll's and also Harriet. I've taken several genealogy courses but they always dwell on US citizens. My father was born in Coleraine but there are still enough relatives there to trace him back.

PS - just looked at your submission. I will have to learn how to use the site AND get the time. Have two new grandchildren for whom I babysit.

Thanks again.

Katee McLaughlin Cooling

Return to “ALL IRELAND SURNAME INTEREST”