BELL Family from Ballymena, Ahoghill, Antrim

For anybody that is LOOKING for information on a certain Person, who can come from anywhere in Ireland.

Moderators: irishgen, larneman

Muggsy
Oak Twig
Anti-Pasta & Spam: No
Anti-Pasta & Spam 1: green
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 3

Post by Muggsy » 30 Dec 2011, 04:21

I'm trying to determine the origins of the John Bell who married Mary McMeekin in 1865 in the Presbyterian Church there.
They are the parents of record for my daughter-in-laws GGrandfather, Abraham McClure Bell, who emigraed to Canada in 1891.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks, in advance,

Margaret McNutt
Canada
(Yes, "my" McNutt's originated from around Donegal, but they "left" for North America in the early decades of the 1700's.)

Elwyn
Trunk

Re: BELL Family from Ballymena, Ahoghill, Antrim

Post by Elwyn » 02 Jan 2012, 23:32

You say that John and MaryÔÇÖs marriage was in Ahoghill. I assume that was the parish of Ahoghill. Do you know the townland on the marriage cert? According to the details on Ancestryireland, JohnÔÇÖs father was also John Bell. There is only 1 John Bell listed in Griffiths Valuation for the parish of Ahoghill. In 1862 he was renting a house, offices (outbuildings) and 15 acres of land in Limnaharry townland (plot 27 on Griffiths map).

archie bell
Oak Twig

Re: BELL Family from Ballymena, Ahoghill, Antrim

Post by archie bell » 28 Oct 2012, 19:15

Abraham McClure Bell was my fathers uncle. If you contact me at my E Mail address archie.mcm.bell@gmail.com I will forward you full details of the Bell family history.

Return to “ALL IRELAND SURNAME INTEREST”