McCools of Belfast

For anybody that is LOOKING for information on a certain Person, who can come from anywhere in Ireland.

Moderators: irishgen, larneman

jenmc
Oak Twig
Anti-Pasta & Spam: No
Anti-Pasta & Spam 1: green
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 3

McCools of Belfast

Post by jenmc » 20 Feb 2012, 17:04

Hi All, I'm hoping someone may be able to help. I am trying to research my fathers line with no luck, as there seems to be little information available online.

My father Alexander McCool was born in belfast in 1946 to Alexander McCool and Margaret (nee Rowland). My grandfather, also Alexander McCool I believe was born around 1895 and married a Margaret Mulholland (her father being a Hugh Mulholland).

The only other information I have is that my great grandfather was also an Alexander McCool who I believe married a Teresa McKeowen and his father was again, possibly, an Alexander McCool. Surprisingly I have found a reference suggesting they lived on Alexander Street, Belfast.

As my grandfather has passed away and spoke very little of his family all history and information has passed with him and, my father having been brought up in London did not have any information passed down to him.

If anyone has any information that could be linked to this family and which could help it would be very much appreciated.

Elwyn
Trunk
Anti-Pasta & Spam: No
Anti-Pasta & Spam 1: green
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 3

Re: McCools of Belfast

Post by Elwyn » 22 Feb 2012, 01:57

This might be your family in the 1901 census:

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/p ... et/959589/

and again in 1911:

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/p ... er/143255/

Alexander McCool died Apr ÔÇô Jun 1898 Belfast Volume 1, page 176. Estimated year of birth 1852. His marriage to Teresa MÔÇÖKeown was registered in Belfast 1876 Volume 11, page 493.

Return to “ALL IRELAND SURNAME INTEREST”