Beggs, Graham, McAuley and Rea.

For anybody that is LOOKING for information on a certain Person from Co. Antrim including Belfast. If need be I will start separate area forums

Moderator: irishgen

Jennifer

Beggs, Graham, McAuley and Rea.

Post by Jennifer » 20 Oct 2006, 11:31

Hello,
I am researching my Beggs family from Ballygally and am interested in any information about them or the area in which they lived. William Beggs (c1800 details unknown) married Jane (Jenny) Graham (1803-1872 details unknown) and they had Charles 1823, Ann Jane 1825, James 1827 (my gg-grandfather), John 1835, Thomas 1836, William 1841, Elizabeth 1844 and Nathaniel 1846. All these children but William (went to Belfast) and Nathaniel (spent some time in Scotland) came to Australia. James married Helena (Lena) McAuley (b 1840 to Robert McAuley and Sarah Rea) at Buckna Presbyterian Church in 1858. On their marriage certificate James's residence is noted as Maghermully, Skerry (possibly Maghera abt 30 km east of Ballymena?) and Lena's residence noted as Carnalbaba, Ticmacrevan (possibly Carnalbanagh Sheddings, abt 15 km east of Ballymena?) I know nothing at this point of Robert McAuley and Sarah Rea, nor William Beggs or Jane Graham's in regard to their parents/siblings/birthplaces etc. Jane Graham died Jan 3, 1872 and is buried in Ballygally. Any help or guidance here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Jennie Beggs

Ken Ray
Oak Branch
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 5

Rea's McAuley

Post by Ken Ray » 17 Jun 2007, 02:53

Jennie,
Very interested in your message. I am looking for a Charles Rea who would be my g,g,grandfather. Charles Rea had to have been born around 1823, eventually married a woman with the first name Anna. One son of theirs, my g.grandfather was Robert Rea, came to the US with his wife Elizabeth and 7 children.

I have many relatives named McAuley and have information about both families.

Not sure if we may have something in common or not. I have suspected that Charles Rea may could be from Ballydonnelly or somewhere within County Antrim. It looks as if you have a Charles with the last name of Beggs though, correct? I do not have any Sarah Rea's on my lists.

Ken Ray

Return to “Co. Antrim Surname Interest List”