Burnett -and other names - Ahoghill

For anybody that is LOOKING for information on a certain Person from Co. Antrim including Belfast. If need be I will start separate area forums

Moderator: irishgen

ymfmitchell

Burnett -and other names - Ahoghill

Post by ymfmitchell » 30 Nov 2006, 13:03

Hi

My Great Grandmother was Sarah BURNETT b 1839 at Ballylummin, Ahoghill - she married twice. Her first husband was William CHESNEY from Kilcurry, Portglenone - when he died she married Hugh STONE - also from Kilcurry.

Sarah was the daughter of WILLIAM BURNETT (1796 - 1882) a farmer from Ballylummin. His known children were

WILLIAM JOHN BURNETT b ~ 1820 m E MARSHALL

ELIZABETH MARGARET BURNETT b ~ 1822 married Wm J Cooke from new York.

LETITIA BURNETT b ~ 1823 m James CLARK in 1842 in 1st Ahoghill

ROBERT BURNETT b 1833 m PEGGY PICKEN in 1859 in 1st Ahoghill - had eight children - married into families by the name of MARSHALL, CAMERON, WEIR, FAULKINER, and DODDS.

SARAH - by great grandmother - mentioned above.

I have a few more BURNETT names but am not sure how they tie in.

Another with these families???

Yvonne

Mary L. Uray

Ahoghill, James Clark and Letitia Burnett

Post by Mary L. Uray » 17 Mar 2007, 00:58

Dear Yvonne. do you live in Ahoghill or Ballymena? My grandfather, Thomas Clark, son of James Clark and Letitia Burnett was born Nov. 15 1868 (or 1869). He supposedly had two older brothers William and Robert. William and Robert immigrated to the US and Thomas followed in 1885. Can you email me directly? I have hired genealogists twice and they cannot find any birth records for Thomas in Antrim Co. I found Letitia Burnett in Scotland but I am not sure she is the same Letitia. I truly hope to hear from you. Mary Lou (Clark) Uray.
johnuray@sbcglobal.net

Return to “Co. Antrim Surname Interest List”