Robert Smith owned a sawmill Belfast 1870's

For anybody that is LOOKING for information on a certain Person from Co. Antrim including Belfast. If need be I will start separate area forums

Moderator: irishgen

Ossiebird-1
Oak Twig
Anti-Pasta & Spam: No
Anti-Pasta & Spam 1: green
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 3

Robert Smith owned a sawmill Belfast 1870's

Post by Ossiebird-1 » 26 Apr 2010, 08:40

My Gt Grandfather Robert Smith owned or ran a sawmill in the 1870's. It is said he only had one leg. I am not sure of his wife's name but could be Miss Chappel. My Grandmother was Mary Smith. 1878. Married Edward Dorrity in 1899, he was a plumber.
Any information would be appreciated.

panjandrum
Oak Twig
Anti-Pasta & Spam: No
Anti-Pasta & Spam 1: green
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 3

Re: Robert Smith owned a sawmill Belfast 1870's

Post by panjandrum » 01 Feb 2012, 18:37

Hello ossiebird :)
My Gt Grandfather Robert Smith owned or ran a sawmill in the 1870's. It is said he only had one leg. I am not sure of his wife's name but could be Miss Chappel. My Grandmother was Mary Smith. 1878. Married Edward Dorrity in 1899, he was a plumber.
I've been researching the Dorrity part of my wife's family.
Along the way, I have come across your Edward Dorrity (plumber), but I can't relate him to my wife's Dorrities yet.

Edward and Mary lived in 63 Windsor Road, 29 Brookland Street, 63 Windsor Road, 34 Fenwood Street, 119 Edinburgh Street, and 11 Diamond Gardens (information from census records, street directories and death records).
The 1911 census records that Mary had borne eight children, of whom six were still living:
Edward William, Mary, Charlotte, Robert, Elizabeth and Albert Sexton.
Mary, Edward William, and Robert are buried in Dundonald Cemetery.

That's about all I know of that particular family.

I would be very grateful for any more information about Edward Dorrity and the rest of his family.

Return to “Co. Antrim Surname Interest List”