Murray

For anybody that is researching a certain FAMILY or surname from Co. Antrim or Belfast area. If need be I will start separate area forums

Moderator: irishgen

puentepat
Oak Twig
Anti-Pasta & Spam: No
Anti-Pasta & Spam 1: green
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 3

Murray

Post by puentepat » 24 Sep 2010, 14:24

I am looking for an Anthony Murray born about 1853 in Lisburn, Co Antrim , father John. Both were mariners and Anthony married and lived in Liverpool. I need to find John's marriage and birth records

Pat

Elwyn
Trunk
Anti-Pasta & Spam: No
Anti-Pasta & Spam 1: green
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 3

Re: Murray

Post by Elwyn » 31 Oct 2010, 18:38

1853 is before the start of statutory recording of births & deaths in Ireland, so you won't get a birth certificate for Anthony. You might get a record of any baptism, if the records have survived, but to do that you need to know his exact religion, and ideally the parish or townland he came from in Lisburn. If you find that, then you can check what records exist on the PRONI website, in Belfast.

http://www.proni.gov.uk/index/research_ ... ndexes.htm

For marriages, Protestant and Non-Conformist marriages were recorded in the stat records from 1845 onwards. RC marriages were only recorded from 1864 onwards. So if John was a Protestant who married after 1845 you should get a marriage cert, if you can track down the right one. There are numerous John Murray marriages in Co Antrim at that time. Without the spouses name or some other information to pick out the right one, it may be difficult.

Return to “Co. Antrim Family Surname”