will of Joseph Johnston

For anybody that is willing to share the information on WILL records obtained from offical sources as LDS, PRONI or church. If need be I will start separate area forums

Moderator: irishgen

Anonymous

will of Joseph Johnston

Post by Anonymous » 09 Feb 2004, 16:10

In the name of god.
I Joseph Johnston of Largymore county of down do make this my last will and testament in form and manner following.
I bequeath to my son Joseph Johnston (subject to his paying legacies hereafter mentioned) My dwelling house, stable and felt shed. Garden in front and rear of house. Also large field on Mr Clarks mating field next Margaret land. Field next grazeland and the orchard.

I bequeath to my son james Johnston that brother, a building known as Briar barn, potao farm and piggery, also my master field on part Mrs Francis Martins field above line next to garden and ? field together with all my household furniture on the following conditions that he permits his mother to reside with him during her life. And makes her comfortable to the satisfaction of my executors. If my executors find that James is not making his mothr comfortable my will is that he hand over all my household furniture to his mother, that she leave him, and he is to pay her ten pounds sterling per annum during her life. The sum is to be paid quarterly.

I bequeath to my daughter Sarah McBride the sum of five pounds sterling to be paid by my son Joseph out of the before mentioned land.

I bequeath to my son John Johnston the sum of five pounds sterling to be paid by my son Joseph out of before mentioned land.

I bequeath to my daughter Isabell the sum of twenty pounds sterling to be paid by son Joseph out of before mentioned land.

I allow my executors to sell by auction my stock, crop and farming implements. The proceeds of which to be applied in paying out funeral and probate expense and all other first debts. Should there be any residue I leave it to my son James but should there be a deficiency I allow th sum to be made up equally by my sons Joseph and James.I hereby renounce all former wills made by me and nominate, constitute and appoint as my executors, Mr John McBride of Ballymacbrennan,Robert Reid, ballymullin and Robert Morrow of Leggacurry.
Dated this twenty ninth day of august, one thousand, eight hundred and seventy six.

Return to “WILL records”