Family Trees BROWN. HOWARD, McCONNELL, MCDOWELL

For anybody that is searching for family links in the area covered by Larne area.

Moderators: irishgen, larneman

Anonymous

Family Trees BROWN. HOWARD, McCONNELL, MCDOWELL

Post by Anonymous » 09 Jul 2005, 11:37

Any relatives of the BROWN, HOWARD, McCONNELL and McDOWELL families that lived in MAGHERAMORNE, Glynn Parish, LARNE, County Antrim who wish to learn of known family tree to date may contact me. Glen Brown

Jon McDowell
Oak Twig
Anti-Pasta & Spam: No
Anti-Pasta & Spam 1: green
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 3

Re: Family Trees BROWN. HOWARD, McCONNELL, MCDOWELL

Post by Jon McDowell » 26 Dec 2011, 21:18

I am interested in the McDowell family tree if you still are providing this. I am descended from John McDowell, born 1770 (possibly 1769) in County Antrim. He came to South Carolina, USA in 1790. Any help you can provide in tracing him back further would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jon McDowell

LCHallett-1968
Oak Twig

Post by LCHallett-1968 » 12 Mar 2012, 13:48

Hi Glen:

I'm new to this. You are my father's first cousin. My father is John Randal Reid (Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada). His mother was Mary Agnes Brown (B. 1891 Ballypollard). I found her name on a 1901 Census. She was your father's sister. We are both very interested in finding more information about our family background and making contact with relatives. There really aren't many of us left that we know about. My father's father was Howard Reid (B. 1890 in Gosforth, England). From what I understand my grandmother and grandfather were distant relatives via the Howards. I believe that my father was corresponding some years ago with a man named Bradley who I think was his third cousin. I think that his first name was Ian or Iain. I'm not sure where he was living. My father also has 1 sister, Edythe Burgess, living in Dartmouth and I have 1 brother, Eric, living in Burlington, Ontario.

Laura (Reid) Hallett

karshotz
Oak Twig

Post by karshotz » 03 May 2012, 01:25

Hello, my name is Alan R. Ward, I am looking for information on my Great Grandfathers Spouse's Family. His name was Arthur William Holden, Larne, County Antrim, Ireland. He married Fanny Brown in Larne, in 1890. He was 21 and she 18 at that time. I have no other info on her or her Family. Thanks for any help with this. Alan R. Ward

Elwyn
Trunk

Post by Elwyn » 05 May 2012, 12:05

I canÔÇÖt see any marriage listed in the Irish civil registration records, anywhere in Ireland, for Arthur and Fanny in 1890. WhatÔÇÖs the source of your information?

Return to “Larne-Glynn-Glenoe-Raloo-Kilwaughter-Inver-Drains Bay”