A big thanks to larneman.from archie

For anybody that is searching for family links in the area covered by Larne area.

Moderators: irishgen, larneman

Anonymous

A big thanks to larneman.from archie

Post by Anonymous » 28 Feb 2005, 01:33

first class thanks for Mcfall Glenarm news and all the work that was put in. like yourself I love the Glens. ,for the past 5years on my search .2 trips reg Off belfast. Glenarm .where I met historian to the earl while takeing a few photoes [at the houses Mark St.this good Lady had Records of, John mcFall carpenter wages from estate.How was that for luck. liame while i was There I collected all books of The Glynns back dates that i could lay my hands on & Mr Mckillops Glenarm,where a James Mcfall Brother William.father And uncle to my James carpenter.The book on Carnlough gave Me my first clue to where my Grandfather Archie master Mariner who spent his whole life on coasters to Glenarm Larne with coal limestone.haverecords of loading ships at Glasgow with coal.1887>1911. mr mckillops book hs copy dated 1811 loss of ss Burnbrae with archie mcfall and crew enroute from wales to ulster.On My Last visit to the Glens a kind mangavemyself &nephew grand toure of the castle .This is where imust thank you for my Photo in the castle never came out which made me think iwould never see it again..the book of the castle has photoes of workers1870 where i can match it with yours john and son james apprentice. regarding 1851 census I must make The 2nd child mary not Henry as u will see on my family tree next mail later will add list of Glynns copies one which states That McFauls built the old church at laydd,this gives alink to McFails in scotland.Glad to se your site back ithought it was me who lost it .
hope u can make it all out old 70year Archie Scotland

irishgen
Site Admin
Anti-Pasta & Spam: No
Anti-Pasta & Spam 1: green
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 3

Glad to help, Archie.

Post by irishgen » 28 Feb 2005, 17:32

My mothers family is from Glenarm, Mark Street. My father's family has been in Larne since 1850 but must have come from Carrivemurphy, Cushendall.
Our McF's are different lines. Did you know that there is a McF castle in Co. Donegal.

Liam

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous » 28 Feb 2005, 22:06

Thanks Again Liam,
last year I spoke on line with your brother, reref Mark St where you/r mother was from , looking for Mcfalls in larne.
my Gfather Archie mariner wed 1881 Glasgow to Isabella Montgomery ,same line as j. montgomery historian carnlough ,now my father john born 1891 in Glasgow led me up the garden path searching glasgow census with no luck for 3 years. Mr,Mckillops Glenarm ,ref.poem [The dance at< AGGIE ABB> 1801 line ref. The Captain and crew of the sail ship GEORGINA were there Archie Mariner with brother james Master 1878, Archie master 1888 [In Glenarm estate workers photo castle book] as that was the year isabella a local girl Burnside, Eloped wed at 11james watt st glasgow House of james brother seamens lodgings whot a dancer he must have been . well first visit to records off. b/fast looking at updats of tennent by Griffithsevery 2 years ,Found Archie isabella and three daughters next door to john the carpenter 4houses in Mark St with lodgers. Its a small world . regarding the castle mcfall new to me, but not surprised after scottish ulster history Builders of churches ^ Scotland And Glynns ref, to llayd Church By cushendall.
its hard to keep scotland out of Antrim History McFail with Mcdonnalds battle of Inverlochy.
well must give my one finger a rest,Back later With My Glenarm Fam tree With ref To other Mcfalls wiliam, neil Archie From drumnagho seem to be some close kin .
Let me know if I/m taking Up too mutch time .
archie

irishgen
Site Admin
Anti-Pasta & Spam: No
Anti-Pasta & Spam 1: green
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 3

It was a McFaul castle at one time

Post by irishgen » 28 Feb 2005, 22:38

Ballyliffin is a delightful little resort with a fine long sandy beach at Pollan. At the nearby 36 hole golf course is a mount which houses an ancient midden and the western slopes of Crockaughrim boast some rock art which dates back to the Bronze Age. More accessible is the ruined Carrickbrackey Castle. It was a McFaul castle at one time but it is with the Dohertys who were deprived of it at the time of the Ulster Plantation in 1610.

http://www.ballyliffin.com/strand/location.htm

Return to “Larne-Glynn-Glenoe-Raloo-Kilwaughter-Inver-Drains Bay”