Islandmagee

For anybody that is searching for family links in the area covered byWhitehead-Ballycarry-Islandmagee area. If need be I will start separate area forums

Moderators: irishgen, larneman

conijoni
Oak Twig
Anti-Pasta & Spam: No
Anti-Pasta & Spam 1: green
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 3

Islandmagee

Post by conijoni » 06 Jun 2010, 10:54

My great grandfather was William Cameron who lived at No.13 Temple-effin. He married Margaret Finlay and they had six children. I was in Islandmagee yesterday and could find no traces of Temple-effin. A person at The Rinkha, who had lived in Islandmagee all her life, had never heard of it. I believe it is close to Cloghfin and Castletown in the southern end of Islandmagee but can anyone help me find out the location of Temple-effin? The townland covered an area of about 200 acres.

Jwaugh
Oak Twig

Re: Islandmagee

Post by Jwaugh » 06 Jun 2010, 16:40

HI

If you go from Whitehead towards the Rankia on the B150 Ballysturdder Road Temple-effin is on the Left hand side. There is no Modern roads runing through the townland that I can see on google map. Try this link and look for the bottom of Larne Lough you should see Temple-effin. Make sure it is on the historical map.

http://ims0.osiemaps.ie/website/publicv ... 8,893334,5

John

conijoni
Oak Twig

Post by conijoni » 06 Jun 2010, 21:10

Jwaugh wrote:HI

If you go from Whitehead towards the Rankia on the B150 Ballysturdder Road Temple-effin is on the Left hand side. There is no Modern roads runing through the townland that I can see on google map. Try this link and look for the bottom of Larne Lough you should see Temple-effin. Make sure it is on the historical map.

http://ims0.osiemaps.ie/website/publicv ... 8,893334,5

John
John
Thanks for the information. I clicked on the link but a map did not appear. Should it have?
Johnny

scotmum
Oak Branch

Post by scotmum » 08 Jun 2010, 22:31

Or try this one instead:

http://www.placenamesni.org/placenamesn ... /map.phtml?

go to search for box at top left of link.....click arrow and then choose townland......a townland search box then appears to right......type in temple-effin and hit search.......a pop-up box then appears with temple-effin listed......click on the magnifying glass symbol at same and a map showing the old towland area will appear.

charLEY1
Oak Twig

Post by charLEY1 » 07 May 2012, 08:24

I visited the Rinka in May 2000 on a trip to Ireland. Have family Ross, Crawford and Close from Islandmagee. Any info on this would be most appreciated.

Return to “Whitehead-Ballycarry-Islandmagee”