TAGGART/AICKEN

For anybody that is searching for family links in the area covered by the coast road towns Ballygally -Glenarm-Carnlough-Waterfoot-Cushendall-Cushendun-Ballycastle area. If need be I will start separate area forums

Moderators: irishgen, larneman

daisy
Oak Twig
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 5

TAGGART/AICKEN

Post by daisy » 16 Mar 2007, 10:32

IAM TRYING TO REASEARCH GT GRANDPARENTS ,ONLY INFORMATION I HAVE IS FROM MY GRANDMOTHERS BIRTH CERTIFICATE WHICH STATES HER NAME WAS MARGARET TAGGART BORN 1/1/1895 NAME AND DWELLING PLACE OF FATHER JOHN TAGGART-GLENARM WHO WAS A LABOURER...MOTHERS NAME SARAH TAGGART FORMERLY AICKEN..THE BIRTH WAS REGISTERED IN THE DISTRIC OF GLENARM LARNE.
I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT THEY COULD ALSO HAVE HAD ANOTHER DAUGHTER CALLED ANNIE,NOT SURE WHAT OTHER CHILDREN....
IN 1915 MARGARET ( CATHOLIC)MARRIED JAMES COUTTS (PROTESTANT) IN GLASGOW SCOTLAND,BUT I DONT KNOW WHEN THE TAGGART FAMILY ACTUALLY MOVED OVER TO SCOTLAND.
BETWEEN 1917 AND 1937 MARGARET AND JAMES HAD 13 CHILDREN ALL BORN IN GLASGOW.
ANY HELP ON THESE NAMES WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

irishgen
Site Admin
Anti-Pasta & Spam: No
Anti-Pasta & Spam 1: green
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 3

marriage of john TAGGART & sarah AIKEN on the 10 Sep 189

Post by irishgen » 08 Apr 2007, 04:01

Record Type Civil Marriage
Date of Marriage 10 Sep 1892
Groom Name john TAGGART
Bride Name sarah AIKEN
Church Glenarm Presbyterian Church
Parish Tickmacrevan
Civil District Larne
County Antrim

bnezzy
Oak Twig

Taggart

Post by bnezzy » 12 Jun 2007, 11:23

We have an Anna Taggart, Father William Taggart 47 Malcolm Lane Belfast, She married Robert Nesbitt circa 1910 and emmigrated via Canada to Superior Wisconsin, We have 3 Generations of Descendants. unfortunatly we have no information on Anne(Anna) other than the union between her and our Ancester but we are willing to share any thing that may be of assistance to you, We have emmigration details and border crossing certificates and of course her descendants

Christopher

Taggart

Post by Christopher » 10 Aug 2007, 20:34

Hiya bnezzy,

I looked at the Ulster Covenant of 1912. The following listing appeared ...

Alfred Taggart, 47, Malcolm Lane, Belfast

I assume from this entry that your Taggart family are members of the Protestant faith.

Christopher

bnezzy
Oak Twig

Taggart & Nesbitt

Post by bnezzy » 04 Sep 2007, 10:54

I can only assume that the Taggarts in question were protestant, the Nesbitt's are Presbyteriean but We have no information on Anna apart from American Census Records in 1920 & 1930
Any info at all is appreciated

dracupg
Oak Twig

Post by dracupg » 14 Aug 2008, 05:17

Hi,

I have a ancestor Margaret Taggart who married a William Blane in Ballymena on 12th July 1872. Shortly after they migrated to Scotland (Shotts, Lanark). William was a labourer/stoker and died before the marriage of their daughter in 1895.

I would very much appreciate any information you could share.

Regards

Gordon Dracup.

coutts84
Oak Twig
Anti-Pasta & Spam: No
Anti-Pasta & Spam 1: green
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 3

Re: TAGGART/AICKEN

Post by coutts84 » 19 Apr 2013, 21:13

sorry to bring an old topic up, but did james and
Margaret have a son names John Taggart Coutts who died on the h.m.s manistee in 1942? if so thats my grandfathers brother. i believe there was around 12 / 13 of them as another one died which was my grandads twin. he died from hooping cought when he was young.

and i belive there's a Margaret coutts witch is my grandads sister she lives ion bc canada.

i maybe wrong though just the names sound familiar.

Return to “Ballygally-Glenarm-Cushendall-Ballycastle”