the McAuleys,Oneill`s and McAllisters of carnlough,glencloy

For anybody that is searching for family links in the area covered by the coast road towns Ballygally -Glenarm-Carnlough-Waterfoot-Cushendall-Cushendun-Ballycastle area. If need be I will start separate area forums

Moderators: irishgen, larneman

martinroe22
Oak Twig
Anti-Pasta & Spam: No
Anti-Pasta & Spam 1: green
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 3

Re: Beggs & McAuley

Post by martinroe22 » 12 Dec 2011, 15:43

Hi i to have a link to the McAuley`s of Carnlough,glencloy there is a site that you can use for the griffiths valuation it is totally free you can search see a digital record the real record and even better they give a link to and 19th century map

http://www.askaboutireland.ie/griffith- ... /index.xml
sadly the maps for the glens arent as complete as other areas where you can use the ref on the map to show the actual plots of land the person rented or owned
in the glens how ever the maps just show the boundaries to the townlands in question
hope this helps

martinroe22
Oak Twig
Anti-Pasta & Spam: No
Anti-Pasta & Spam 1: green
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 3

the McAuleys,Oneill`s and McAllisters of carnlough,glencloy

Post by martinroe22 » 12 Dec 2011, 16:34

Hi I`m researching into the family line of Charles McAuley of Carnloough who had a public house on bridge st from the late 18th century i have connections into other families and they are McGavock, Oneill,and McAllister
a little history of the family

Charles McAuley passed away on the 31st of Jan 1874 , his marriage to a Mary Anne McGavock was prior to 1841 when there first son Charles was born
they had a farm called "back of the hill Farm" the only one i can find from the griffiths valuation is in a small townland of the Bay, just south of Carnlough.
he had the Pub in Carnlough in the townland of "Mill tenement" and address of 2 bridge st
the family had the pub back into the late 18th century and its recorded as a possible headquarters for the 1798 uprising of the ulster freemen

he also had 3 house`s one of which he lived n himself at the time of his death a widow McGavock and a widow Wilson lived in the other
the children listed in hiw will are as follows
Charles McAuley
Patrick McAuley
Alexander McAuley
William John McAuley
Ellen who i believe may have married a Henry MaGill
and finally
Mary McAuley

census misspelling include Macauley and McCawley
if anyone has information or links into my tree please drop me a line

Return to “Ballygally-Glenarm-Cushendall-Ballycastle”