Thomas Beggs and Margaret Boyd

For anybody that is searching for family links in the area covered by the coast road towns Ballygally -Glenarm-Carnlough-Waterfoot-Cushendall-Cushendun-Ballycastle area. If need be I will start separate area forums

Moderators: admi, larneman11

Peggy
Oak Twig

Thomas Beggs and Margaret Boyd

Post by Peggy »

Hello, I am researching the family of Thomas Beggs and Margaret Boyd who married in First Donegore Church at Kilbride. Margaret was a niece to John Lawson of Kilbride.
I was sent a DVD of marriages and baptisms there and found the marriage of Thomas and Margaret on March 31, 1831. Then I found baptisms for 3 children to them in 1832, 1835
and 1840. I have 2 letters written to Margaret in 1841 and 1847 from her father Samuel Carson Boyd who had emigrated to Canada and Margaret was living in Ballyvoy at that time. I have been told that the nearest Presbyterian church would be in Ballycastle. Does anyone have information on Thomas and Margaret or can anyone tell me an email address for the church in Ballycastle, or help me in any way?
Perhaps they died in Ballyvoy. Margaret was born abt. 1810-1820 in Oxford, England as her father had inherited a wine and brandy business there although the family was from Ireland originally, and I
am thinking Carnmoney but have been unable to prove it as yet. Samuel Carson Boyd's mother was Jenny Boyd nee Carson but I don't know Jenny's husband's name.
Thanks for any help.
Elwyn
Trunk
Anti-Pasta & Spam: No
Anti-Pasta & Spam 1: green
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 3

Re: Thomas Beggs and Margaret Boyd

Post by Elwyn »

Peggy wrote: can anyone tell me an email address for the church in Ballycastle,

http://www.presbyterianireland.org/cong ... astle.html

Return to “Ballygally-Glenarm-Cushendall-Ballycastle”