Scrimagers/Scrimgeours/Scrimingers of Ahoghill

For anybody that is searching for family links in the area covered by the Ahoghill area.

Moderators: irishgen, larneman

Lydige
Oak Twig
Anti-Pasta & Spam: No
Anti-Pasta & Spam 1: green
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 3

Scrimagers/Scrimgeours/Scrimingers of Ahoghill

Post by Lydige » 17 Sep 2009, 00:05

Hello all. The name has been spelt a variety of ways, even Scrymingeour in the 1911 census.

I'm searching for the family of my great-grandfather Andrew SCRIMMAGER of Craignageeragh, Ahoghill. Andrew was born on 17 May 1881 and his parents were Thomas SCRIMAGER and Ellen Jane, nee McNEILL. Andrew married Mary Ellen DUNLOP on 17 May 1906 in the Broughshane Second Presbyterian Church at Racavan, Skerry. By 1914 they had immigrated to New Zealand.

Thomas SCRIMAGER was born circa 1848 and his father was John SCRIMAGER. Besides Andrew, Thomas had the following children born in Ahoghill:

William John SCRIMINGER b. 24 June 1872, m. Mary GREGG
Elizabeth Ann SCRIMINGER b. 7 September 1878
Margaret Agnes "Aggie" SCRIMINGER b. ca 1888, m. John GAULT

I look forward to hearing from anyone with links to any of these families.

Regards, Lynda in New Zealand

lismurn
Oak Twig
Anti-Pasta & Spam: No
Anti-Pasta & Spam 1: green
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 3

Re: Scrimagers/Scrimgeours/Scrimingers of Ahoghill

Post by lismurn » 31 May 2011, 11:01

I was doing some research yesterday and came across a marriage which might interest you. Details are as follows, Record No. 54, date 22.02.1860, name John Schrimager, age full, occupation weaver, address at marriage Kilcurry, fathers name John Scrimager, fathers occupation weaver, spouses name Matilda Canning, age full, spinster, occupation , address at marriage ~Kilcurry, fathers name James Canning, occupation labourer, 1st witness William ?, 2nd witness James Booth.
Hope this is of some use.
John

Return to “Ahoghill”