Taylorstown, Ballyscullion Grange

For anybody that is searching for family links in the area covered by Ballymena area.

Moderators: irishgen, larneman

R.J.McWhinnie
Oak Twig
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 5

Taylorstown, Ballyscullion Grange

Post by R.J.McWhinnie » 19 Oct 2003, 09:52

Looking for any confirmation on the family of Robert James Mawhinney, b.1877,
m.1905, Cambuslang, Scotland,
d.1943, Greenock, Scotland

Known(?) siblings were:
Sarah (b.1875), Kezia, Catherine, Margaret, Isabella, Francis and Liza.
Another possible sibling was Thomas.

Sarah and Kezia (and possibly Thomas) emigrated to the USA.

Parents were:
Francis Mawhinney (b.1855) and Catherine Campbell.

Possible grandparents were:
William Mawhinney and Sarah Glover.

Possible greatgrandparent was Francis Mawhinney (1804)

Pam Craven

Glover Taylorstown

Post by Pam Craven » 13 Dec 2004, 18:10

One of my relatives was named Samuel GLOVER McCARTNEY b1866. I have not YET traced where the Glover bit has come from but looking up the school records when I was last over in Ireland I also took note of any Glovers.

My Samuel is the son of Isaac McCARTNEY and Nancy CUNNINGHAM. Isaac's parents William McCARTNEY and Ann Jane ALLEN (Ann not yet proven) Nancy's parents are John CUINNINGHAM and Jane SLOAN (Jane not yet proven - or could it be a GLOVER?)

These are the records for the Taylorstown School which may help to track down your GLOVERs they must be related as only a tiny place.

Martha Ann GLOVER b c1876
Thomas Carson GLOVER b c1865 father weaver Presbyterian
Andrew GLOVER
William GLOVER
Samuel GLOVER b c1872
George GLOVER

Most of the children I listed were between ages 3 - 7 so probably born about 1865 - 1876

If your family are Presbyterian they are likely to have been baptised in Grange Presbyterian church, Grange Corner, Toomebridge. My relatives were, and then just before turn of century turned to Brethren faith.

Hope this helps and if you find any GlOVER info let me know in case it helps me as well.

Regards Pam

Jane
Oak Twig

Interesting..I am in Canada but toured

Post by Jane » 21 Jun 2007, 20:35

the graveyards in Grange about 10 days ago and definately saw your name. I have a vague connection to that surname so noticed it. We were having some trouble telling what church yard we were in (not many signs)...it is very close to the Grange sign..a white structure....do not want to say what demonination it was in case I am not right. Search churchs in Grange and you will see it...no steeple....white.

Anybody see any Weirs.....fingers crossed.

R.J.McWhinnie
Oak Twig

Re: Interesting..I am in Canada but toured

Post by R.J.McWhinnie » 21 Jun 2007, 20:54

[quote="Jane"] and definately saw your name. I have a vague connection to that surname so noticed it.[/quote]

Are you referring to the GLOVER or Mawhinney name(s), Jane? Unfortunately the subject name was overwritten by your msg.

bob(mc)

Jane
Oak Twig

Mawhinney

Post by Jane » 21 Jun 2007, 20:56

sorry

MarinaB
Oak Twig

Post by MarinaB » 12 May 2008, 07:26

Hi,

I am also searching for a Robert James McWhinney/MaWhinney - mine born
about 1831 in Belfast. Married in Australia in 1862 to a Margaret McPhee/McFee. I realise that mine RJM is probably the next generation to the fellow you are searching for - but perhaps he may be an uncle - or perhaps you may have received info from other sources that may be able to assist me. The chap I am searching for is not the James McWhinney from Portaferry who went to Victoria Australia. Hope you hear from you soon.

Cheers

MarinaB

littlebirdieone
Oak Twig

Re: Cunningham Taylorstown

Post by littlebirdieone » 01 Jan 2009, 03:52

Hi do you know the name of Nancy Cunninghams father? Was it james? my email address is littlebirdieone@yahoo.com.au many thanks dawn :D

bobmcw
Oak Twig

Re:

Post by bobmcw » 12 Aug 2011, 17:32

MarinaB wrote:Hi,

I am also searching for a Robert James McWhinney/MaWhinney - mine born
about 1831 in Belfast. Married in Australia in 1862 to a Margaret McPhee/McFee. I realise that mine RJM is probably the next generation to the fellow you are searching for - but perhaps he may be an uncle - or perhaps you may have received info from other sources that may be able to assist me. The chap I am searching for is not the James McWhinney from Portaferry who went to Victoria Australia. Hope you hear from you soon.

Cheers

MarinaB
Sorry. I missed this one, so am very late with a reply to it. Sadly, my R.J.McWhinnie/ Mawhinney is not related to yours Marina, but I'll be interested in any links in that line that you come across.

Regards,
bob(mc)

Return to “Ballymena”