Samuel and Sarah Gault

For anybody that is searching for family links in the area covered by Ballymena area.

Moderators: irishgen, larneman

tkgault
Oak Twig

Samuel and Sarah Gault

Post by tkgault » 17 Mar 2007, 20:16

I am researching my Irish roots. My great x 4 grandfather, Samuel Gault, came to the US in 1804 on the ship "Live Oak" from Londonderry. He was 30, so born in 1773 or 1774. He came from Kilane Ceepeyt, near Ballymena, along with a friend, Wm. Dick. His wife, Sarah and daughters Nancy and Margaret were not listed, though many women were. I can find no record of them coming over to US, but they did. Samuel settled in Fayette County, Pennsylvania, and died in 1832. Many of my relatives have independently researched, but all get stuck with Samuel, and none have found Sarah's surname. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thomas Gault

Lackey
Oak Twig
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 5

William Gault in Larne

Post by Lackey » 17 Feb 2008, 23:07

There was a William Gault listed on a hand drawn map of landholders in about 1775. This drawing was pinpointed as an area south of Slemish Mountain, and between Ballymena and Larne. His land adjoined that of Nathaniel Todd and Wm. Orr.

This was in a book by a descendant of Nathan Todd of Laurens, SC in the 1790's and early 1800's. My Patrick Todd was also in that area of Ballyalbanagh.

Ann

tkgault
Oak Twig

Post by tkgault » 18 Feb 2008, 15:11

Thank you for responding.

Return to “Ballymena”