McElroy, Ballymoney

For anybody that is searching for family links in the Rest of Co. Antrim area. If need be I will start separate area forums

Moderators: irishgen, larneman

Leonie
Oak Twig
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 5

McElroy, Ballymoney

Post by Leonie » 09 Jul 2006, 10:43

I'm trying to find anything on Mary Ann (Marianne, Marion??) McElroy, born 19 Sept 1866 in Main St, Ballymoney. She came to Australia and married William Bradshaw in 1889. Her dad was Samuel Craig McElroy, (an editor), mother Marianne? Jordan. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kate
Oak Twig

Re: McElroy, Ballymoney

Post by Kate » 21 Feb 2009, 11:14

Leonie
Just found your post!!!
I have a female child born to Samuel Craig McElroy on 19th Sep 1866 whom I would assume to be your Marianne. Her mother was Marianne Jordan b 14 Sep 1839 and I have quite a lot of information on the Jordans. Her grandfather was Daniel McElroy and she was one of 7 children, the only one of whom (apart from birth and death dates) I have anything is Emma who married Wm Manson Nevin and emigrated to S Africa.
There are headstones in Ballymoney Old Graveyard for this connection - look at www.ballymoneygraveyard.com
Kate

Leonie
Oak Twig
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 5

Post by Leonie » 25 Feb 2009, 08:47

Kate!!! Many thanks for your reply - I had given up. Oh I have so many questions. Can you email me so we can communicate?? You've made my day!!

Kate
Oak Twig

Post by Kate » 26 Feb 2009, 10:12

Leonie,

Don't know if I am using the site properly!! Did you get a 'private' e-mail asking for your address? Can you send it to me? Then we will get going.

Kate

Return to “The Rest of Co. Antrim”