Elder and Huston in Antrim

For anybody that is searching for family links in the Rest of Co. Antrim area. If need be I will start separate area forums

Moderators: irishgen, larneman

geordie2
Oak Twig
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 5

Elder and Huston in Antrim

Post by geordie2 » 26 Jan 2008, 15:44

Through [url]Family Tree DNA[/url] I have proven genetic links to Samuel Elder, b 26 Jan 1695 in Antrim. He married Mary Huston and they had 3 offspring, William, Jane and Margaret, born in Artemore (Ardmore) before they emigrated to America where they had 4 more, Isaac, Elizabeth, Eunice and Samuel. I know of at least two branches of the family in the USA. Mary was born about 1703, her Father was William and she had 3 brothers that I know of William, John and George. Any information about this family would be appreciated

Janice M
Oak Twig
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 5

Post by Janice M » 09 Feb 2008, 20:42

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the U.S. branch of this family, but I am wondering if you know of any of Samuel's family that stayed in Antrim, including and of his brothers and/or sisters? I ask because the name Isaac also shows up in my line. His parents were John Elder & Margaret Stuart. (or Stewart). Isaac along with brothers and sisters were born in the mid-1800's and his parents were married April 7th, 1842. Isaac after moving to Glasgow, then moved to Australia. Some of the other siblings, including by great-grandfather stayed in Glasgow. The parents both died in Craigs, Antrim, and at the time were living with their daughter and son-in-law (Henry Smyth and Anne Elder).

The marriage of the parent's John and (Peggy) Margaret, said that John was from "Gortrechy". According to John's death in 1898, he would have been born around 1818.

Janice

Return to “The Rest of Co. Antrim”