looking for McCaws

For anybody that is searching for family links in the Rest of Co. Antrim area. If need be I will start separate area forums

Moderators: irishgen, larneman

Irish_beauty46
Oak Twig
Anti-Pasta & Spam: No
Anti-Pasta & Spam 1: green
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 3

looking for McCaws

Post by Irish_beauty46 » 02 Oct 2011, 18:53

I have recently begun doing my ancestory and found that my grgrandfather came from Co.Atrim. I never realized how many McCaws are out in the world, but am hoping that with the right info I can connect with the right people. My grgrandfather John was born in 1845(that is what is written on his stone in Strathroy,ontario canada) but there is decrepensies, 1841 is another number. Am told that back than it was all a guessing game as to when someone was born or died. He died in 1916 in Strathroy, ontario, canada. He had 11 children one been my grandfather harvey. He married Mary Johnston. His father and mother were James and Mary. He came here in 1853(give or take). He would have had siblings I would assume. My worry is that with the Potato famine that maybe his family parished. I don't know if he came here with a sibling I would assume so. I have been able to find info on all 11 kids and their offspring. But I have hit a dead end with Grgrandpa John. Surely it doesnt end with him I am hoping to find info on his family. Any help is welcomed.

susan

Return to “The Rest of Co. Antrim”