Lynn's from County Antrim

For anybody that is searching for family links in the Rest of Co. Antrim area. If need be I will start separate area forums

Moderators: irishgen, larneman

searcher
Oak Twig
6 divided by 2 is the answer: 5

Lynn's from County Antrim

Post by searcher » 08 Nov 2004, 23:53

My gggradfather Patrick Lynn was born in the early 1820's, his parents were Barnard and Helen McCready. Bernard had a brother called Terence. I believe that the extended family left Ireland in stages for Scotland. I first found Patrick's marriage to Bridget Logan (Louge, Logg), in Stirling in 1851. They had 2 children, Maria and Peter, before Bridget died. Patrick married Elizabet Burgess nee Burns in Dumbarton in 1866. They had 4 children Helen, my ggrandfather Patrick, Bernard and Joseph. I believe the family came from Antrim - around Portglenone. I would be happy to hear from anyone who is familiar with these names.

theozchick
Oak Twig

Lynn's of County Antrim

Post by theozchick » 07 Feb 2006, 03:29

[color=green][/color]I too have Lynn ancestors in Antrim. My ggg grandfather Hugh Lynn married Mary Elizabeth Henderson on 10 December 1835 in Templepatrick, County Antrim. My gg grandmother Jane Lynn was born somewhere in the County abt 1837. Hugh and Mary emigrated to NZ. Daughter Jane married William Elkin (b. County Tyrone) in Auckland NZ and emigrated to Australia. I hope we can help each other.

Anonymous

Lynn Family

Post by Anonymous » 25 Feb 2007, 21:30

Hi, I am searching for information about Adam Lynn, born 13th April 1876, son of Adam Lynn and Mary Ramsay, in Ballymena. He later went to live in Antrim. Adam was a blacksmith by trade, later a labourer and had a son in 1918 called William.

Return to “The Rest of Co. Antrim”