Cunningham Searches

For anybody that is searching for family links in the N. Ireland area outside Co. Antrim. If need be I will start separate area forums

Moderators: irishgen, larneman

cargocult
Oak Twig

Cunningham Searches

Post by cargocult » 16 Feb 2008, 15:51

Hi all,

I'm a new member to this well-thought out site looking for Cunningham ancestors. Having been used to Scottish records, my Irish connections are much more challenging to follow. That won't put me off though - just more determined to keep on searching.

What I know about my Cunningham ancestors so far are that my g.g.father William Cunningham (shoemaker) married Mary Jane Lindsay in 1876 at Donagheady (C.Tyrone) Parish Church. He gave his place of residence as Creghaw and his father was also called William (labourer). Mary Jane's residence was Terkernaghan and her father was also a labourer. My g.father was also called William (also a shoemaker), but I have been unable to find his birth/baptismal certificate so far in spite of getting official birth searches done by the GRO etc. I live in hope. Any pointers or ideas on how to get further with these or knowledge of the Cunninhams/Lindsays would be gratefully received.

Return to “N.Ireland”